Saturday, May 25, 2013

Post #10

"End of Unit Reflection" 
     a.  What did you do well in this unit?
In this unit, I believe that I used figurative language well, wrote poems that were personal to me, and I relate emotionally to poems as well as discovering new things about myself.
     b.  List two or three specific things you learned that were new
or challenging for you. 
1. How to use metaphors correctly.
2. How to write personal poems or express my emotions in my poem.
3. How to make personal connections with poems/ express personal feelings about poems and discovering something new about myself after reading a piece of writing.
     c.  Decide what you would like to keep exploring, were
you to study poetry again next year.  
Some aspects of poetry that I would like to keep exploring are writing more personal poems. In my last poems, I was able to write with more emotions and make them more personal, but at first, it was difficult for me to express my emotions in my poems. If you notice my first poems, they're pretty vague, broad, and don't have that much feeling. However, the last ones are emotional, and more unique or personal, which makes the poems more special. Therefore, I can continue practicing this skill to create poems that are better and more passionate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment