Saturday, May 25, 2013

Post #8

Don’t You Remember?
Don’t you remember?
When we would dance
to TV tunes
Looking like lunatics,
in our flamboyant,
 flashy costumes
And even though
all you wanted was rest
Still, you found strength
to twirl me through
the twisting  tunnel
that is my life.

Don’t you remember?
When your car was a concert
 Belting out Beatles songs,
I’d weep of laughter
You’d grin and beam
When inside,
Your troubled heart
was the picture of pain

Don’t you remember?
The last time I fell
Tears streaked my face
Sorrow was my soul
And you held me close
Your words the lyrics
To the song
I still sing
“ its ok to fall,
 it’s the only way
 you’ll learn
 to rise”

Don’t you remember?
When that girl,
Was only
a demure spark
Slowly,
 She’s matured
Now,
 she’s a luminescent fire
At times,
She stings your skin
She burns your heart

At times,
All you desire
Is for the fire
To transform into
That tiny flame

She once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment