Sunday, March 10, 2013

4th Post


The Night Camera
The sun hides away, leaving the moon to illuminate the night.
It guides us through the darkness, a long-lasting camera flash in a dark room.
As silent as an incognito spy, it slips away in the dawn sky.
 egegrg=personification
gerge=metaphor
sdsfdsfs=simile


For this poem, I got inspired by the moonlight, and how it lights up the night. I like how I compared it to a camera flash because it's a bit unexpected, and I wouldn't usually compare it to a camera, so I took a risk by adding that into the poem. My favorite part of the poem is probably the last line,since it's referring to the moon as a spy. I also like that it rhymes.
I created the similes and metaphors by trying to compare the moon to unusual and different things that you wouldn't the moon to be compared to. In the metaphor I used, I'm comparing it to a long-lasting camera flash, since it brightens up the sky until dawn. I also compare it to an incognito spy because they are silent and undercover, and when the moon "leaves", it slowly and silently disappears without making any noise, much like a spy.  I chose to use the word incognito to make the poem more interesting at the end. If I had only used the word spy, then it would have been more boring.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful image--that camera flash just changes everything!

    What a wonderful word combo--I can just see that little "incognito spy" slipping out the door...!

    ReplyDelete