Sunday, March 24, 2013

Post #6



Growing Up


Welcome to Child Country
Here, Imagination rivers flow, and
The trees stand tall, with leaves of dreams.
One atrocity cannot enter: Sadness


Welcome to Teenage Territory,
Where Confusion rules the land.
Your emotions will quarrel, and dauntless Decision warriors will invade your mind.
You’ll only have one savior to pass by this treacherous path: Hope


After this,
All is unknown, and we aspire one question.
What will the future hold?
You decide: faith or chaos

wwfwf-personification

_____-extended metaphor

gwgeg_-metaphor


1. What is your poem about?
This poem is about the different stages (childhood and adolescence) of growing up that I have gone through/ am going through. I compared those stages to different countries you pass by.
2. What do you think about it? What is your favorite line?
This poem is a bit different from the other poems I’ve written because it uses a lot of metaphors, and I tend to mostly use similes in my poems. I also like that the poem has a pattern to it, and it has a rhythm as well. My favorite line from the poem would be “Your emotions will quarrel, and dauntless Decision warriors will invade your mind”.
3.  What did you do to make your poem effective and memorable? (Writing style)
What makes this poem more effective is the use of metaphors as well as alliteration which gives the poem a bit of a rhythm. If the poem hadn’t used all the metaphors it has, then it wouldn’t make sense and it would be boring. Also, the whole poem is an extended metaphor because it helps explain the topic efficiently and clearly.
4.  Highlight where you use similes, metaphors, personification, allusion, extended metaphor, and/or figurative language. 
5. How helpful was your peer revising go? Did your peer editor see your poem in the same way you wanted them to?
The peer revising went well because my peer editor’s opinion helped me modify some parts of the poem that he thought could be improved or modified. Also, he understood what I was trying to communicate in this poem, so he saw my point of view/ my opinion about growing up.


No comments:

Post a Comment